Samstag, 1. Mai 2010

Finding myself

it's been quite a wile since I wrote something here on this blog the last time. I'm looking for excuses like that I've been too busy or I had far more important things to do - however, the truth is that I was just too lazy to write. And this laziness I'm pushing through my life is the main point why I am restarting this blog: currently, my most importat goal is overcoming procrastination and get myself more productive and creative.

In order to overcome procrastination, I firstly need to figure out why I am procrastinating. Is it because I want to escape from the preassure around me? Am I waiting for a better moment for doing certain things that never arises? Do I know what I want to do and why I want it?

Probably, the latter get closest to my problem: I procrastinate because I don't know what to do or when I have to do something, why I (should want to) do that. This situation gets me unconcentrated, inefficient and therefore inevitable frustrated. The solution for this seems quite obvious: clearly define my goals and stop caring about things I don't really like anyway. Interestingly, I tend to stop working for my goals and start to procrastinate again as soon as I get stuck somewhere. If I reach such a point, my natural reaction seems to be hiding from it and rather work on an other goal. Thus, it takes me a rather long time to achieve my goals and I consequently get stressed by them so that achieving them is not something encouraging but rather something I have to do so it can't get me any excited when I finish it.

Keine Kommentare: